The Wyoming State Board of Nursing oversees all levels of license, certification and recognition among the health care industry in Wyoming. As a CNA, to be eligible to work in the Wyoming, regulations required by the federal law must be followed. These regulations are to ensure the safety and quality of care in long-term facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
CNA Salary in Wyoming
- Approximately $26,000
- $11.52 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Wyoming CNA Programs & Training Information
Wyoming CNA training programs must be at least 120 hours of classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Wyoming
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If a CNA wishes to work in Wyoming they can do so by endorsement. Contact the Wyoming Nursing Assistant Registry to obtain an Endorsement Form. Applicant must have an active certification with no abuse and be listed as good standing in his/her home state to be eligible for endorsement in Wyoming. Completed form with required documents must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Renewal in Wyoming
To renew CNA Certification in Wyoming:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirements to be met: You must have been employed as a CNA for a minimum of 16 hours in the past 24 months. You work under the supervision of RN or LPN. You have a 24 hours in service education.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Wyoming:
(1) Contact Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Wyoming Approved CNA Programs
- Cost is $669.95 includes:
- LCCC Application Fee (if you’re a new student)
- Laboratory Fee
- CPR Certification
- Application Fee for State Board Exam
- Criminal Background Fee
- State Exam
- Cost is $595 includes:
- Lab Fee
- Pearson VUE
- WY State Board Exam
- Four (4) credit course per semester
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton, WY 82501
Phone #: (307) 855-2000
CNA Information: (307) 855-2226
CNA Registration: 307-855-2128
Fax #: 307-855-2099
Toll Free #: (800) 735-8418
- Consist 100 hours of classroom (64) and clinical (36) training
Carbon County Higher Education Center
705 Rodeo Street
Rawlins, WY 82301
Phone #: 307-328-9204
Toll Free #: 800-487-4612
Fax #: 307-324-3338
- Cost is $232 includes:
- CPR Training
- Central Registry Check
- State Exam
- Licensing Fee
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!