West Virginia’s medical facilities are in constant need of qualified nursing assistants to help them provide top notch care to residents in long – term care facilities. In accordance to OBRA of 1987, CNAs are certified and become eligible to work within the state.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Office of Health Facility
Licensure and Certification
Capitol and Washington St.
1 Davis Square, Suite 101
Charleston, WV 25301
Phone #: (304) 558-0050
Fax #: (304)558-1442
CNA Salary in West Virginia
- Approximately $18,000 to $29,000
- $9.65 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
West Virginia CNA Programs & Training Information
Washington CNA training program must at least 120 hours of classroom (65) and clinical (55) training. Some state-approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in West Virginia
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in West Virginia, the applicant must contact the West Virginia Nursing Assistant Registry to obtain transfer/reciprocity form. Applicant must have an active certification with no abuse or other derogatory information listed o their record and applicant must be listed as good standing in his/her home state. Completed form with required documents and fees (if any) must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Renewal in West Virginia
To renew CNA Certification in West Virginia:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting West Virginia Nursing Assistant Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked at least 8 consecutive hours as a nursing assistant, for pay, in an approved setting within 2 years.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in West Virginia:
(1) Contact West Virginia Nursing Assistant Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
West Virginia Approved CNA Programs
- Health Occupation offers CNA
- Consist 81 hour of classroom and clinical training
- Scholarships are available on a first-come, first serve basis
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!