The State of Texas maintains a registry of all nurse aides who are certified by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). DADS is responsible for qualifying CNAs and providing qualified CNAs work opportunities within the State. With the help of federal law, CNAs are directed into a career path whom everyone is aiming for.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Nurse Aide Registry
PO Box 149030
Austin, TX 78714-9030
Phone #: 1-800-452-3934 (Automated)
Phone #: 512-438-2050 or 512-438-5495
Fax #: (512) 438-2051 or 512-438-4285
DAD’s Toll Free #: 1-800-452-3934
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Salary in Texas
- Approximately $18,159 to $29,321
- $9.87 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Texas CNA Programs & Training Information
Texas CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more both classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Texas
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Texas from their home state, applicant must contact the TX Nurse Aide Registry to obtain transfer/reciprocity form. Individual must have an active certification with no abuse or other derogatory information listed and he or she is not listed as unemployable. Completed form with required documents and fees (if any) must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Renewal in Texas
To renew CNA Certification in Texas:
(1) No expiration date is printed on your certificate; however, you must contact the Nurse Aide Registry and verify your status.
(2) If form will be given to you, requirements to be met for renewal are:
- You must have worked nursing or nursing-related services for monetary compensation in the past 24 months.
- You must have an active status on the Nurse Aide Registry.
- You have no felony convictions.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Texas:
(1) No expiration date is printed on your certificate; however, you must contact Texas Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Texas Approved CNA Programs
Lonestar College System
Lone Star College-Kingwood
20000 Kingwood Drive
Kingwood, TX 77339
Lone Star College-Montgomery
3200 College Park Drive
Conroe, TX 77384
Lone Star College-North Harris
2700 W.W. Thorne Drive
Houston, TX 77073-3499
Lone Star College-Tomball
30555 Tomball Parkway
Tomball, TX 77375
Lone Star College-Kingwood: 281.312.1600
Lone Star College-Montgomery: 936.273.7000
Lone Star College-North Harris: 281.618.5400
Lone Star College-Tomball: 281.351.3300
- Cost for First Semester: (Fees are not included)
- $671 (Resident)
- $1441 (Out-of-District Resident)
- $2453 (International Student)
- Cost for Second Semester: (Fees are not included)
- $1037 (Resident)
- $2227 (Out-of-District Resident)
- $3791 (International Student)
- First semester is 11 credit hours and second semester is 17 credit hours for NA certificate.
Houston Community College
1550 Foxlake Drive
Houston, TX 77084
Phone #: 713.718.5757
CNA Information: (713) 718-5862
- Cost is $650
- Consist 96 course contact hours of classroom and clinical training.
- Regular certificate is 6 weeks
Wharton County Junior College
911 Boling Highway
Wharton, Texas 77488
Toll Free #: 1-800-561-WCJC (9252)
Phone #: 979-532-4560
- Cost is $558
- Consist 89 hours of classroom and clinical training.
Lee College – Continuing Education
P.O. Box 818
Baytown, TX 77522
Phone #: 281-427-5611
- Cost is $683
- Consist 96 hours of classroom (64) and clinical (32) training.
Austin Community College
1555 Cypress Creek Rd.
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Phone #: (512) 223.2000
3401 Webberville Rd.
Austin, Texas 78702
Phone #: (512) 223.5100
11928 Stonehollow Dr.
Austin, Texas 78758
Phone #: (512) 223.4782
7748 Highway 290 West
Austin, Texas 78736
Phone #: 512.223.8108
Rio Grande Campus:
1212 Rio Grande
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone #: (512) 223.3137
1020 Grove Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78741
Phone #: (512) 223.6000
South Austin Campus:
1820 W. Stassney Lane
Austin, TX 78745
Phone #: (512) 223.9100
CNA Coordinator: 512.223.7271
- Cost is $401.50
- Consist 88 hours of classroom (56) and clinical (32) training
- 10 Week Class
904 Green Street
Brenham, Texas 77833
Phone #: 979-830-4027
301 Post Office Street
P.O. Box 6030
Bryan, Texas 77805
Phone #: 979-209-7205
100 Ranger Drive
Schulenburg, Texas 78956
3701 Outlet Center Drive, Suite 250
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone #: 979-627-7997
- Cost is $793 includes:
- Set of Scrubs
- Watch with Second Hand
- Criminal Background Check
- Blood Pressure Cuff
- Consist 104 contact hours of classroom and clinical training
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!