South Dakota qualifies CNAs according to OBRA 1987, federal law that sets the standard of care in long-term care facilities. South Dakota Board of Nursing oversees the certification of eligible CNAs to work in long-term care facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
South Dakota Board of Nursing
4305 South Louise Avenue, Suite 201
Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3115
Phone #: 605-362-2760
Fax #: 605-362-2768
CNA Salary in South Dakota
- Approximately $25,000
- $10.19 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
South Dakota CNA Programs & Training Information
South Dakota CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more both classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in South Dakota
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in South Dakota they must first apply for endorsement. The applicant must contact the South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry to obtain an Interstate Endorsement form. To be qualified by the board, an applicant must be listed as good standing and have no felony convictions. Complete the form with required documents and mail the form to the address indicated in the form. There is no fee for reciprocity.
Renewal in South Dakota
To renew CNA Certification in South Dakota:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must provide verification that you have been employed as a nurse aide for a minimum of 8 hours during the past 2 years.
(3) Completed form with required documents must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) You may also renew online, Renewal Application.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in South Dakota:
(1) In case NA certification expired or lapsed and has not performed any nursing related services for pay during 24 months from the current date, the individual must complete a new competency evaluation program.
(2) To be in safe side, contact South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry.
(3) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
South Dakota Approved CNA Programs
American Red Cross – Black Hills Chapter
1221 North Maple Ave
Rapid City, SD 57701
Phone #: 605-342-4010
Fax #: 605-342-2161
Toll Free #: 1-888-271-3130
- Cost is $310
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions
1000 West 4th Street, Suite 9
Yankton, S.D. 57078
Phone #: 605-668-8475
Fax #: 605-668-8483
Email address: email@example.com
- Consist 75 hours of classroom (24), clinical (35) and self-directed study (16) training.
- Two (2) credit unit course
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!