South Carolina CNA Certification Information
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services oversees the standards in quality of care among residents in long term care facilities. The State has entrusted Pearson VUE to administer the state exam, maintain the state’s nurse aide registry, and manage renewal certification and reciprocity process within the state. Upon completion of requirements implemented by the federal law, qualified CNAs are thereby eligible for employment within the State.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Pearson VUE – SC Nurse Aide Registry
PO Box 13785
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3785
Phone #: 800-475-8290
CNA Salary in South Carolina
- Between $18,830 to $30,404
- $9.42 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
South Carolina CNA Programs & Training Information
South Carolina CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more of classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in South Carolina
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in South Carolina they must first apply for reciprocity. The applicant must contact the South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. To be qualified by the board, an applicant must be listed in good standing, successfully completed an 80 hour nurse aide course, and have no felony convictions. Mail the completed form with required documents to the address indicated on the form. There is no fee for reciprocity.
Renewal in South Carolina
To renew CNA Certification in South Carolina:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must be employed performing nursing or nursing-related services for at least eight hours for pay under the supervision of an RN or LPN within the past 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) Allow two (2) weeks for processing, if you do work in Medicaid certified nursing home in South Carolina, then the home nursing must pay the re-certification fee.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in South Carolina:
(1) You need to re-test to become certified again
(2) To be in safe side, contact South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
(3) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
South Carolina Approved CNA Programs
Forrest Junior College
601 East River Street
Anderson, SC 29624
Phone #: (864) 225-7653
- Consist 80 hours of classroom and clinical training.
- 3 week course only
Technical College of the Lowcountry
921 Ribaut Road
PO Box 1288
Beaufort, SC 29901-1288
Phone #: (843) 525-8211
Toll Free #: (800) 768-8252
TDD Line (for hearing impaired): (843) 470-8387
CNA Information: 843-525-8368
Email address: email@example.com
- Cost is $761 includes:
- State Exam
- Workkeys Test
- Consist 100 hours of classroom and clinical training.
Trident Technical College – Continuing Education
7000 Rivers Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29406
1001 S. Live Oak Drive (AKA Hwy 17A)
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
66 Columbus Street
Charleston, SC 29403
Local Phone #:843.574.6111
Toll-free #: 1.877.349.7184
- Cost is $578 (Books and fees are not included)
- Consist 100 hours of classroom and clinical training
Northeastern Technical College – Continuing Education
1201 Chesterfield Highway
P.O. Drawer 1007 (For registration address)
Cheraw, SC 29520
Cheraw Campus: (843) 921-6900
Bennettsville Campus: (843) 479-4284
Dillon Campus: (843) 841-2014
Pageland Campus: (843) 672-3700
Toll Free #: (800)-921-7399 – Chesterfield, Marlboro, and Dillon Counties
Fax #: (843) 537-6148
- Consist 120 hours of classroom (80) and clinical (40) training.
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!