The state of Rhode Island, like other states, takes a forward role in ensuring the safety and quality of care in long-term care facilities. A person that would like to pursue a career as a CNA they must follow the requirements used by the state.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
RI Pearson Vue – Nurse Aide Registry
RI Department of Health Professionals
3 Capitol Hill, Room 105
Providence, Rl 02908-5097
Phone #: 401-222-5888
Fax #: 401-222-3352
CNA Salary in Rhode Island
- Between $20,722 to $33,460
- $12.21 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Rhode Island CNA Programs & Training Information
Rhode Island CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more both classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of
Information in Rhode Island
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience
If an approved CNA wishes to work in Rhode Island they must first apply for reciprocity. The applicant must contact the Rhode Island Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. The completed form with required documents and fees must be submitted by mail. To be qualified by the board, an applicant must be listed in good standing and his or her CNA certification is active.
Renewal in Rhode Island
To renew CNA Certification in Rhode Island:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Rhode Island Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must be employed performing nursing or nursing-related services for at least eight hours for pay within the past 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Rhode Island:
(1) Contact Rhode Island Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Rhode Island Approved CNA Programs
Community College of Rhode Island
Knight Campus, Warwick
400 East Avenue, Warwick, RI 02886
Phone #: 401-825-1214
Flanagan Campus, Lincoln
1762 Louisquisset Pike
Lincoln, RI 02865
Phone #: 401-333-7070
Liston Campus, Providence
One Hilton Street
Providence, RI 02905
Phone #: 401-455-6019
- Cost is $705 include registration fee
- Consist 120 hours of classroom (88) and clinical (32) training.
- It is a ten (10) week class
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!