Certified Nurse Aides are highly needed throughout the State. To be included in state’s nurse aide registry, one must follow the regulations implemented by the law in accordance to OBRA 1987. There are countless of work opportunities awaiting for those qualified CNAs who wish to work in Pennsylvania.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Division of Nursing Care Facilities
Room 526, Health & Welfare Building
625 Forster Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Toll Free #: 800-852-0518
Phone #: 717-787-1816
Pennsylvania Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry
Managed by Pearson VUE
P.O. Box 13785
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3785
Toll Free #: (800) 852-0518
CNA Salary in Pennsylvania
- Between $21,000 to $33,000
- $8.65 – $10.87 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Pennsylvania CNA Programs & Training Information
Pennsylvania CNA training program must have at least 120 hours or more both classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Pennsylvania
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If a CNA outside Pennsylvania wishes to work in the state the applicant must contact Pennsylvania registry to obtain reciprocity form. He or She must have current and active certification and be listed good standing in his or her home state. Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated.
Renewal in Pennsylvania
To renew CNA Certification in Pennsylvania:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked and be paid for at least 8 hours for any nursing or nursing related duties in the past 2 years.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Pennsylvania:
(1) Contact Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) The registry will provide the needed form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Pennsylvania Approved CNA Programs
Lackawanna College – Continuing Education
Main Campus – Scranton
501 Vine Street
Scranton, Pennsylvania 18509
Phone #: (570) 961-7810
Toll Free #: 1-877-346-3552
Email address: [email protected]
- Cost is $2595 plus books and fees
- Consist 200 hours of classroom and clinical training.
Schuylkill Technology Center
17 Maple Avenue
Mar Lin PA 17951
Phone #: (570) 544-9131
- Cost is $1250 (Includes book, CPR certification, pin, & fee for state examination)
- Consist 140 hours of classroom and clinical training.
- Five to Eleven Weeks of Training
Beaver County Career and Technology Center
145 Poplar Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
Phone #: 724.728.5800
Fax #: 724.775.2299
- Costs is $515
- Consist 135 hours of classroom (85) and clinical (50) training
Steel Center Area Vocational Technical School
565 Lewis Run Road
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025
Phone #: 412-469-3200 Ext 113
Fax #: 412-469-2745
- Cost is $600
- Consist 150 hours of classroom and clinical training
- Nine weeks of training
Northampton Community College
3835 Green Pond Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Phone #: 610-861-5300
Phone #: 610-861-5500 (admission)
- Cost is $900
- Consist 128 hours of classroom and clinical training
Sun Area Technical Institute
815 East Market St.
21st Century Drive
New Berlin, PA 17855
Phone #: (570) 966-1031
- Cost is $852 includes tuition, textbooks and state exam fee
- Consist 150 hours of classroom (100) and clinical (50) training.
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!