The State of Ohio offers CNA Program due to the demand of medical skilled professionals. Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) is responsible for reviewing and approving qualified CNAs who would like to work in long-term care facilities. Ohio is among the top ten states in need of CNAs making it a good choice for employment security.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Ohio Department of Health
Nurse Aide Registry
246 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone #: (614) 752-9500 (out-of-state)
Toll Free #: (800) 582-5908 (in-state)
Fax #: (614) 564-2461
E-mail address: NAR@odh.ohio.gov
CNA Salary in Ohio
- Between $19,760 to $24,960
- $8.13 – $10.20 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Ohio CNA Programs & Training Information
Ohio CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more both classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Ohio
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Ohio from their home state, applicant must be in good standing status in their home state. Applicant must contact Ohio registry. If registry provide reciprocity form, complete the form and submit the following information such as: (1) name of aide, (2) copy of CNA’s driver license or state – issued identification, (3) copy of CNA’s social security card, (4) current street address, (5) aide’s date of birth, (6) aide’s telephone number and (7) name of state where aide is registered. An applicant may fax the information to 614-546-2461 or mail it to OH Nurse Aide Registry’s address.
Renewal in Ohio
To renew CNA Certification in Ohio:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Ohio Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked nursing or nursing – related for at least seven and one-half consecutive hours or eight hours in a forty-eight hour period of nursing and nursing-related services for compensation during the twenty-four month period.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Ohio:
(1) Contact Ohio Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Ohio Approved CNA Programs
Northwest State Community College
22600 State Road 34
Archbold, OH 43502
Phone #: (419) 267-5511
- Cost is $524 (In-State) and $1056 (Out-of-State) fees are not included
- Four (4) credit hours per semester
Cuyahoga Community College
700 Carnegie Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Toll free #: 800-954-8742
- Consist 104 hours of classroom and clinical training
- Top-notch classroom instruction and 24 hours of supervised clinical experience
Menorah Park Center for Senior Living
27100 Cedar Road
Beachwood, OH 44122
Phone #: 216.831.6500
- Consist 80 hours of classroom and clinical training.
- It is a FREE three (3) week training course
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!