The state of New York offers a great opportunity among medical skilled professionals, especially, Certified Nurse Aides. The state is ranked in the top ten in demand for CNAs, thus, making is a sound career choice. To be eligible to work as a CNA in New York, one must follow the requirements of NY Federal, statute and regulations. These regulations are adopted by the State for the protection and security of the residents as well as the health-care workers.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
New York State Department of Health
Bureau of Professional Credentialing
Records Access Officer
Empire State Plaza, Corning Tower Building,
Albany, NY 12237-0044
Phone #: (518) 408-1297
Fax #: (518) 486-9144
Toll Free #: 1-800-918-8818
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Salary in New York
- Between $20,060 to $32,390
- $8.13 – $10.20 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
New York CNA Programs & Training Information
New York CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more both classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in New York
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If a CNA outside New York wishes to work in New York the applicant must contact the New York Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. Completed form with required documents and fees must be submitted by mail. In addition, an applicant must have good standing status in their home state and their CNA certification is still active. Once they are approved, applicants name will be listed to the registry and will be eligible to work in New York as a CNA.
Renewal in New York
To renew CNA Certification in New York:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain a renewal form by contacting New York Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must be employed, performing nursing or nursing-related services for at eight hours for pay within the past 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in New York:
(1) Contact New York Nurse Aide Registry.
(2)Complete form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
New York Approved CNA Programs
Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501-5394
Phone #: 315.792.5400
- Cost is $1200
- Consist 120 hours of classroom (90) and clinical (30) training.
Hostos Community College
500 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10451
Phone #: 718-518-6658
Fax #: 718-518-6744
Email address: email@example.com
- Cost is $950 (CUNY in the Heights) and $995 (Main Campus)
- Total of 130 hours course
- Cost is $1750
Mandl School, The College of Allied Health
254 W. 54th Street
New York, NY 10019
Phone #: 212-247-3434
- Consist 180 hours of classroom (107), Skill development (83) and Externship (30) training.
- Cost is $1200 include textbook
- It is a 120 hour course
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!