The New Mexico Human Services Department (HSD) has selected the Prometric testing service to manage the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program (NACEP) exam and registry services effective February 1, 2005.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
CNA Salary in New Mexico
- Approximately $20,000 to $26,000 per year
- $10.86 per hour (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
New Mexico CNA Programs & Training Information
New Mexico CNA training programs must be at least 120 hours of classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in New Mexico
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
The state requires Nurse Aides, who are currently employed or seeking employment or who have successfully completed a nurse aide training and get certified in another state, may request placement on the New Mexico Registry. Applicant must provide documentation as follows:
- Copy of up-to-date Nurse Aide Certificate;
- Letter requesting transfer of certificate;
- Copy of Photo ID; and Copy of Social Security Card.
- Current Mailing Address
- Current Telephone Number
The New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry office will verify the documents to the certifying state. If proven that the nurse aide is in “good” status, then the applicant is permitted to work in 30 days probational status until a written verification is received. The written document normally takes 3 to 6 weeks to be received from the certifying state.
Renewal in New Mexico
To renew CNA Certification in New Mexico:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the New Mexico State Registry and the Prometric websites.
(2) Requirements to be met: You must have been worked as a CNA for a minimum of 8 hours in the past 24 months. You work under the supervision of RN or LPN. No record of abuse or neglect.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in New Mexico:
(1) Contact New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
New Mexico Approved CNA Programs
Doña Ana Community College
2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88011
Phone #: 575-528-7710
Phone # (CNA): 575-527-7674
Toll Free #: 800-903-7503
Fax #: 575-528-7300
Email address: [email protected]
- One semester only for at least 8 credit hours.
- Consists of 4 hours CNA fundamental and 4 hours CNA clinical lessons.
- $57 per credit (Resident), $68 per credit (Non-resident) $168 per credit (Out-of-state and international).
- Other fees, you may contact the school for more inquiries.
New Mexico Junior College
1 Thunderbird Circle
Hobbs, NM 88240
Phone #: 575-392-4510
Phone # (CNA): 575-393-5721 or 575-492-2577
Toll Free #: 1-800-657-6260
Email address: [email protected] or [email protected]
- 5 credit hours
- Course is 150 hours both classroom and clinical classes.
- Tuition from 1 hour to 11 hours is $33 (resident), $52 (non-resident) and $60 (out-of-state resident).
*Special fees, lab fees and other fees are not included.
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!