CNAs must be certified to practice in long-term care facilities in the state of Nevada. CNA certifications in Nevada are granted by the Nevada State Board of Nursing located in Reno. To work as a CNA in the State, one must follow the standard requirements set by federal law (OBRA).
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
CNA Salary in Nevada
- Between $20,138 to $32,517
- $12.68 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Nevada CNA Programs & Training Information
A CNA training program in Nevada must have at least 75 hours of training and education with at least 60 hours of class and laboratory work. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Nevada
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in Nevada the applicant must request an application form for Endorsement from NV State Registry. Complete the form with required documents or fees and return the form by mail. The NV State requires an applicant to be listed as good standing in his or her home state. Once the NV Nurse Registry approves applicant’s request, then his or her name will be included in the Registry.
Renewal in Nevada
To renew CNA Certification in Nevada:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Nevada Nursing Assistant Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirements to be met:
- Proof of 40 hours of employment as a CNA under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Proof of 24 hours of continuing education/training related to Nursing Assistant Skills.
- The 24 hours of continuing education/training courses and the 40 hours of employment must be within the past 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) You may also renew your certification online. Just read and follow instructions.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Nevada:
(1) Contact Nevada Nursing Assistant Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Nevada Approved CNA Programs
College of Southern Nevada
West Charleston Campus
6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
3200 East Cheyenne Ave.
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Phone #: 702-651-5000 (W. Charleston)
Phone #: 702-651-4000 (Cheyenne)
For Nursing Assistant Program: 702-651-5690 (Charleston Campus) 702-651-4530 (Cheyenne Campus)
- Estimated Cost is $1232.50
- Six (6) credit hour per semester
West Nevada College
2201 West College Parkway
Carson City, NV 89703
Carson City Phone: 775-445-3000
1680 Bently Parkway South
Minden, NV 89423
Dougla Phone: 775-782-2413
160 Campus Way
Fallon, NV 89406
Fallon Phone: 775-423-7565
CNA: 775-445-3294 or 775-445-4443 (fax)
- Cost (Fees are not included):
- $378 – Lower Division and $616.50 – Upper Division (Resident)
- $793.50 – Lower Division and $1294.50 – Upper Division (Non-Resident)
- Six (6) credit unit class
Great Basin College
1500 College Parkway
Elko, Nevada 89801
Phone #: 775.738.8493
Fax #: 775.738.8771
Email address: email@example.com
Battle Mountain Center:
835 North 2nd
Battle Mountain, NV 89820
Phone #: 775.635.2318
Fax #: 775.635.3040
Placement Testing: 775.635.2318
2115 Bobcat Drive
Ely, NV 89301
Phone #: 775.289.3589
Fax #: 775.289.3599
Placement Testing: 775.289.3589
Pahrump Valley Branch Campus:
551 East Calvada Blvd.
Pahrump, NV 89048
Winnemucca Branch Campus:
5490 Kluncy Canyon Road
Winnemucca, NV 89445
Phone #: 775.623.4824
Fax #: 775.623.1812
Placement Testing: 775.623.4824
- Cost is $511 include the Laboratory Fee and Tuition
- Consist of 80 hours for classroom training and 40 hours for clinical training.
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Phone #: 775-673-7000
5270 Neil Road
Reno, Nevada 89502
Phone #: 775-829-9004
High Tech Center at Redfield
18600 Wedge Parkway, Building B
Reno, Nevada 89511
Phone #: 775-850-4000
IGT Applied Technology Center
475 Edison Way
Reno, Nevada 89502
Phone #: 775-856-5300
Nell J. Redfield Foundation Performing Arts Center
505 Keystone Avenue
Reno, Nevada 89503
Phone #: 775-789-5671
- Cost is $461
- Six (6) credit per semester
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!