To be eligible to work in Montana CNAs must meet all requirements implemented by federal law OBRA 1987. These laws ensure the standard of care and safety in long-term facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Nurse Aide Registry
Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
2401 Colonial Drive, 2nd Floor
PO Box 202953
Helena MT 59620-2953
Phone #: (406) 444-4980
Fax #: (406) 444-3456
Email address:[email protected]
CNA Salary in Montana
- Between $20,800 to $27,040
- $10.49 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Montana CNA Programs & Training Information
A Montana CNA training program must have at least of 75 hours or more classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ when in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Montana
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in Montana the applicant must contact the Montana Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. Complete the form with a copy of CNA card or letter from their home state Registry and return the form by mail. Once it is verified from Montana Nurse Aide Registry applicant’s name will be listed on Montana Registry and be given a MT Nurse Aide Certification.
Renewal in Montana
To renew CNA Certification in Montana:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Montana Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you are required to work minimum of 8 hours as a nursing assistant in the past 24 months to remain active.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Montana:
(1) If your certification has expired, your options are to take a CNA class or challenge the test.
(2) To challenge the test, please contact Headmaster at (406) 442-8656.
Montana Approved CNA Programs
The University of Montana- College of Technology in Missoula, MT
909 South Ave West
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone #: 406-243-7811
Toll Free #: 800-542-6882
Email address: [email protected]
- Cost is $800 includes:
- CPR/First Aide Fee
- Supply Fee
- State Exam Fee
St. John’s Lutheran Ministries
3940 Rimrock Rd
Billings. MT 59102
Phone #: 406-655-5600
Fax #: 406-655-5639
- Consist 88 hours of training over two week period
- $35 fee for textbooks and other educational materials
- There is no charge whoever receive the training and it is strictly voluntary. The students are not entitled to wages or benefit from St. John’s Lutheran Home while you are still going through the program.
Miles Community College
2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City, MT 59301
Phone #: (406) 874-6100
Toll Free #: (800) 541-9281
Fax #: (406) 874-6282
- Cost is $857 (In-District) and $973 (Out-District) includes:
- CNA Certification Exam
- Four (4) credit unit per semester
- Cost is $585 includes State Exam and textbooks
- Consist of 48 hours for classroom and 27 hours for clinical training
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!