To be able to work in Missouri as a CNA standard requirements established by Omnibus Nursing Home Act must be followed. Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services is responsible for certification of CNAs and maintaining the state’s CA registry.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Section for Long Term Care –
Health Education Unit
PO Box 570
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570
Phone #: 573-526-8528 or 573-522-6203
Verification #: 573-526-5686
Fax #: 573-526-7656
CNA Salary in Missouri
- Between $21,903 to $27,443
- $9.68 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Missouri CNA Programs & Training Information
A CNA training program in Missouri must have at least of 75 classroom hours and 100 on-the-job training hours. Some state-approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Missouri
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in Missouri they but apply for reciprocity. To be considered for the Missouri Nurse Assistant Registry an applicant must obtain and complete the reciprocity form and submit the required documents such as: home state CNA certification, social security card, and active status of certification and have work 8 hours within two (2) years.
Renewal in Missouri
To renew CNA Certification in Missouri:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Missouri Nurse Assistant Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you are required to work minimum of 8 hours as a nursing assistant in the past 24 months to remain active.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Missouri:
(1) The State requires you to work at least eight (8) hours, for pay, in the provision of nursing services without a two year break to remain active. If your certificate expires you will either need to prove employment or retake the CNA course
(2) To be in safe side just contact Missouri Nurse Assistant Registry.
(3) If the registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Missouri Approved CNA Programs
- Cost is $2371 includes:
- Application Fee
- Student Fee
- Technology Fee
- Equipment & Skills Lab Fee
- Student Professional Liability Insurance
- Entrance Testing Fee
- State Examination Fee
- Licensing Fee
- Health Physical, Drug Screen, CPR & Criminal Background Screening
- Graduation Fee
- Twelve (12) credit hours with 165 contact hours both classroom and clinical training
Ozarks Technical Community College
1001 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
Phone #: (417) 447-7500
- Cost is $399
North Central Missouri College
1301 Main Street
Trenton, MO 64683
Phone #: 660-359-3948
Toll Free #: 800-880-6180
Admission: 660-359-3948 Ext. 1410
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost is $425 (Fees are not included)
- Five (5) credit hours per semester and 80 hours of classroom and 100 hours on-the-job training
Metropolitan Community College – Penn Valley
3201 Southwest Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone #: 816-759-4022
- Cost is $839 includes:
- Course Fee
- Exam Fee
- Certification Fee
- Criminal Background
- Family Care Safety Registry
- Consist of 75 hours of classroom and 100 hours of clinical training. It is an 8-13 weeks training.
Applied Technology Services
South Tech Campus
12721 West Watson Road
Sunset Hills MO 63127
Phone #: (314) 989-7570 (South Tech Campus)
- Cost is $490
- Total of 175 hours, 75 hours of classroom and 100 hours of clinical training
St. Charles Community College
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
Cottleville, MO 63376
Phone #: 636-922-8000 (For general information)
Phone #: 636-922-8237 (For admission)
- Consist of 78 – 80 hours of classroom and clinical training
- It is an 8 week or 12 week cycle of training
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!