With the observance of federal law under OBRA 1987, Massachusetts follow regulations towards the qualified CNAs. Quality care is given directly among resident who resides in Long Term Care facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Division of Health Care Quality
Nurse Aide Registry/Training Verification
99 Chauncy Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: (617) 753-8144
Fax #: (617) 753-8096
CNA Salary in Massachusetts
- Between $20,763 to $33,525
- $12.18 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Massachusetts CNA Programs & Training Information
Massachusetts CNA training program must have at least 100 hours or more both classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Massachusetts
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA from an outside state wishes to work in Massachusetts they must first apply for reciprocity. The applicant can request a reciprocity form from the Massachusetts Nurse Aide Registry and complete it and submit it along with required documents and fees by mail. It is also necessary that an applicant must have a good standing in their home state so that he or she will be listed on Massachusetts Nurse Aide Registry.
Renewal in Massachusetts
To renew CNA Certification in Massachusetts:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Massachusetts Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked a minimum of 8 hours as a nursing assistant for the past 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Massachusetts:
(1) Contact Massachusetts Nurse Aide Registry to obtain any form.
(2) Requirements to be met:
- Provide documentation of employment as a nurse aide within the past twenty-four months as proof of eligibility for renewal.
- Use “Expired Registration” letter with a documentation as a proof that you met the necessary requirements for renewal.
(3) Complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Massachusetts Approved CNA Programs
Springfield Technical Community College
Armory Square Suite 1
Springfield, MA 01102-9000
Phone #: (413) 781-7822
TDD #: (413) 746-0079
Fax #: 413-755-4502 or 413-755-4225
Admissions fax #: (413) 746-0344
- Cost is $1195 includes:
- Liability Insurance
- State Exam
Cape Cod Community College
2240 Lyannough Road
West Barnstable, MA 02668-1599
Phone #: 508-362-2131 Ext 4359 or 4537
CNA: (508) 362-2131, Ext 4489 or 4452
- Cost (Fees are not included)
- $1008 (Resident)
- $2450 (Non-Resident)
- Fifteen (15) weeks training with 156 hours of classroom and clinical training.
- Cost is $850
- Consist 121 hours of classroom(100) and clinical(21) training
Bristol Community College
777 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720
New Bedford Campus
188 Union Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
11 Field Road, Attleboro
Attleboro, MA 02703
Main Campus: 508.678.2811
New Bedford Campus: 508.678.2811, ext. 4000; 508.984.8226
Attleboro Center: 508.226.2484; 888.710.8999
CNA: 508-678-2811 ext. 2154
- Cost is $660
- Consist 121 hours of classroom(75), CPR(7), home health care(15) and clinical(24) training
Bunker Hill Community College
250 New Rutherford Ave
Boston, Massachusetts 02129-2925
Phone #: 617-228-2000
CNA Coordinator: (617) 228-2475
Email address: email@example.com
- One semester only
Health Care Training Services
Fall River Office:
657 Quarry Street
Tower Outlet Mills
Fall River, MA 02723
Phone #: 508-672-6800 or 508-672-2866
- Consist or 121 hours of classroom(90) and clinical(12) of training
- Classes are approximately seven (7) weeks for morning and twelve (12) weeks for evening
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!