A person that would like to work as a CNA in a long-term care facility in the state of Maryland must be certified first. Regulations adopted by the Maryland Board of Nursing oversees CNA certification requirements and CNA training. The Board seeks to further the safety and quality of care in long-term care facilities in Maryland.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Maryland Board of Nursing
4140 Patterson Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland, 21215-2254
Phone #: 410-585-1900
Toll free #: 1-888-202-9861
CNA Salary in Maryland
- Between $24,000 to $31,200
- $12.21 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Maryland CNA Programs & Training Information
Maryland CNA training program must have at least 100 hours both classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Maryland
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Maryland from their home state, you must complete a Maryland Board approved 100 hour training program to be eligible for Maryland certification as a CNA. You must be in good standing n the State’s Nurse Aide registry that meets the OBRA requirements.
Renewal in Maryland
To renew CNA Certification in Maryland:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Maryland Nursing Assistant Registry.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked in nursing or nursing-related duties for at least 8 hours during every 24 month period.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Maryland:
(1) Contact Maryland Nursing Assistant Registry.
(2) If the registry provide for, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Maryland Approved CNA Programs
Baltimore City Community College
2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215-7893
Harbor Campus Bard Building
600 E. Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21202-4073
Business and Continuing Education Center
710 E. Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21202-4073
Reisterstown Plaza Center
6764A Reisterstown Road
Baltimore, MD 21215-9936
Admissions Office: (410) 462-8300
Financial Aid Office: (410) 462-8500
Registration Office: (410) 462-7777 and (410) 462-8523
Toll-Free for Maryland residents:1 (888) 203-1261
- Cost is $1205
- Consist 120 hours of classroom and clinical training
· Cost is $1123
· Consist 150 hours of classroom and clinical training
Allegany College of Maryland
12401 Willowbrook Road, SE
Cumberland, MD 21502-2596
Phone #: 301-784-5005
CNA Program Coordinator: 301-784-5529
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cost (Fees are included)
o $1584 (Allegany County Resident)
o $3024 (Resident)
o $3536 (Non-Resident)
· Sixteen (16) credit hours per semester
· Consists of 140 hours of classroom (81) and clinical (59) training
600 Reistertown Rd Suite 416
Pikesville, MD 21208
Phone #: 410-602-0666
Fax #: 410-602-2333
· Cost is $1108
· Consist 134 hours of classroom and clinical training
Baltimore Academy of Nursing Assistants
617 Stemmers Run Rd Suite J
Essex, MD 21221
- Cost is $1130
- Consist 120 of classroom and clinical training, class good for 6 weeks training
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!