The Federal Government has put guidelines in place to protect the safety and rights of residents in long-term care facilities. In Idaho the Idaho Board of Nursing oversees the certification process of Nurse Aides so they are qualified to work in long-term care facilities. Once CNAs meet the requirements mandated by OBRA 1987, they may able to seek for work in any Long Term Care Facilities within the State.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
ID Nurse Aide Registry
ID Board of Nursing
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0036
Phone #: 208-334-6620
Toll Free #: 800-748-2480
Fax #: 208-334-6629
Email address: IDNAP@idhw.state.id.us
CNA Salary in Idaho
- Between $18,920 to $30,550
- $9.89 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Idaho CNA Programs & Training Information
A CNA training program in Idaho must consist of 100 hours of both classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Idaho
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA from in outside state wishes to work in Idaho they must first apply for reciprocity. The applicant must contact the Idaho Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. The completed form must be returned to the Nurse Aide Registry by mail. Idaho State will then contact the applicant’s home state registry, and if his or her certification is current and in good standing, he or she will be transferred onto Idaho State Nurse Aide Registry. There is no fee for this service.
Renewal in Idaho
To renew CNA Certification in Idaho:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Idaho Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked nursing or nursing related duties at least 8 hours for the past 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Idaho:
(1) Contact Idaho Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If the registry provide form, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Idaho Approved CNA Programs
Lewis Clark State College
LCSC Workforce Training North
Lewiston Training Ctr
1920 3rd Avenue North
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone #: 208-792-2388
Toll Free #: 800-879-0452
Fax #: 208-792-2680
- Cost is $535 with books
- Consist 80 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of clinical training
Eastern Idaho Technical College
1600 S. 25th E. Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone #:(208) 524-3000
Toll Free #: (800) 662-0261
Fax #: (208) 525-7026
Admission: (208) 524-3000 ext. 3371
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost is $1328 ($332/credit unit – Resident)
- Cost is $2656 ($664/credit unit – Non-Resident)
- Four (4) credit unit, consist of 40 hours for clinical training per semester
College Of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Ave PO Box 1238
Twin Falls, ID 83303
Phone #: (208) 732-6221
Phone #: 208-732-6731 (CNA)
Toll Free #: 800-680-0274, ext. 6731 (CNA)
Toll Free #: 1-800-680-0274, Ext. 6221 (Idaho & Nevada)
Fax #: (208) 736-4705
Email address: email@example.com
- Cost is $595
- 8 week program, consist 120 hours of classroom and clinical training
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209
Phone #:(208) 282-0211
Admissions (Undergraduate) – (208) 282-2475
- Cost is $620
- Consist 129 hours of classroom and clinical training per semester
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!