The State grants CNA certifications to those who have followed federal regulations establish by OBRA 1987.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
HI Nurse Aide Registry
HI Department of Commerce & Consumers Affairs
Professional & Vocational Licensing Branch
PO Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
Phone #: 808-739-8122 or 808-739-8124
Fax #: 808-734-8318
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Salary in Hawaii
- Between $29,420 to $38,680
- $14.15 – $18.60 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Hawaii CNA Programs & Training Information
A CNA training program in Hawaii consists of a minimum of 100 hours including thirty (30) hours for classroom activities, sixteen (16) hours for laboratory and seventy (70) hours for supervised practical training. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Hawaii
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA from an outside state wishes to work in Hawaii they must first apply for reciprocity. The applicant must contact the Hawaii Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. The Reciprocity Application must be completed and submit with the required documents and fees by mail. The applicant must listed in current and good standing.
Renewal in Hawaii
To renew CNA Certification in Hawaii:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Hawaii Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Requirements to be met:
- Successful completion of the state approved training program with atleast 100 hours
- In service training by your employer.
- Have worked a minimum of one day for pay fee.
(3) If you are qualified, you may renew your certification. Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Hawaii:
(1) Contact Hawaii Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If the registry provide form, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Hawaii Approved CNA Programs
- Cost is $589 ($79/credit unit – Resident)
- Cost is $1747 ($272/credit unit – Non-Resident)
- Six (6) credit unit per semester, 150 hours of classroom and clinical training
Caregiver Training School Corporation
1320 Kalani Street Suite 228
Honolulu, HI 96817
Phone #: 808-848-9988
- Consist 104 hours of classroom and clinical training
Healthcare Training and Career Consultants, Inc
HT&CC,Inc. Honolulu Branch
2130 North King St., Suite 7
Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone #: 808-843-2211
HT&CC,Inc. Waipahu Branch
94-210 Pupukahi St., Suite #205 & #206
Waipahu, HI 96797
Phone #: 808-676-4933
- Consist 100 hours of classroom and clinical training and can be completed in 2-3 weeks
American Red Cross – Hawaii Chapter
4155 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
Fax #: 734-8318 (For training)
Fax #: 808-735-8626 (Main office)
NA Coordinator: 808-739- 8122
Toll Free #: (808) 734-2101
- Consist 137 hours of classroom and clinical training
CNA Training International – Wahiawa
319 N Cane St
Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786
Phone #: 808) 622-0110 or (808) 218-4634
99-209 Moanalua Rd
Bldg 3 Suite 307
Aiea: (808) 488-1400 or (808) 218-4634
Mobile #: (808) 282-6469
Fax #: (808) 628-9501
- Cost is $995
- Consist 150 hours of classroom and clinical training, just 4-6 week course
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!