Florida CNA Certification Information
Florida medical industry has a strong need for CNA workers for Long Term Care facilities. To assure the quality of care, the State Board of Nursing in accordance to Florida Statute 456, regulates all health care practitioners including CNAs for their certification, training and discipline.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Department of HealthMQA
CNA Program4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin #C13
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3252
Telephone #: (850) 245-4567
Fax #: (850) 245-4172
CNA Salary in Florida
- Between $20,800 to $26,000
- $10.69 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Florida CNA Programs & Training Information
Florida CNA programs must be at least one hundred twenty (120) hours of classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in Florida
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Florida from their home state, applicant must contact the Florida Nursing Assistant Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. An applicant must have an active status and must undergo Level II background check and all desired documents and fee must be submitted to be eligible in State of Florida.
Renewal in Florida
To renew CNA Certification in Florida:
(1) A pre-printed re-certification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Florida Nursing Assistant Registry or visiting Medical Quality Assurance for renewal:
- Click the Renew a License button
- Select your profession: Certified Nursing Assistant
- Login in user ID and password.
- If you do not know your user ID and password, you can log in by answering a set of security questions.
- Once it is done, you may print your renewal notice using the left navigation menu
(2) Requirements to be met:
- You have worked at least 24 in-service hours during the two-year renewal period. If you do not work any nursing-related duties for the last two (2) years, you cannot renew your certification, your certification will lapse, and you will be required to re-take the State exam to be re-certified.
- You do not need to send any documentation of employment with your renewal form and fee.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Florida:
(1) Contact Florida Nursing Assistant Registry.
(2) If the registry provide form, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Florida Approved CNA Programs
Brewster Technical Center
2222 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone #: 813-276-5448
Fax #: 813-276-5756
Email address: email@example.com
- Cost is $611.12
- Consist of 165 hours for classroom and clinical training
3094 Indian Circle
Marianna, FL 32446
Phone #: (850) 526-2761
- Cost is $613
- Four (4) course credit with 120 hours both classroom and clinical training
Daytona State College
Daytona Beach Campus
1200 West International Speedway Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Phone #: 386-506-3000
- Cost is $747.15 includes:
- DSC Assessment Fee
- DSC Access Fee
- Liability Lab Fee
- Graduation Fee
- Ceil Blue Uniform
- White Uniform Shoes
- Watch with Seconds Hand
- Skills Lab Kit
- FDLE Background Check
- NACEP Exam Fee
- 5.5 credit and 164 hours both classroom and clinical training
Gulf Coast Community College
5230 West Highway 98
Panama City, Florida 32401
Phone #: 850.769.1551
- Cost is $418.88 (other fees not included)
- 5.5 credit hours per semester
Indian River State College
3209 Virginia Avenue
Fort Pierce, Florida 34981-5596
Admission Office: (772) 462-7460
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost is $1050 (room and board, transportation and miscellaneous fee is not included)
- Consist of 165 hours of classroom and clinical training per semester
Florida Gateway College (Formerly Lake City Community College)
149 S.E. College Place
Lake City, Florida 32025
Phone #: 1.386.752.1822
Fax #: 1.386.754.4594
- Cost is $1137.90 includes:
- Additional Fee
- Liability Insurance
- CPR Class
- CPR Book
- Health Insurance
- Certification Exam
- Background and Drug Screen
- School Supplies
- Admission Fee
- 4.16 credit hour with 125 hours of classroom and clinical training
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!