The District of Columbia Nursing Board carries out regulations for all CNA programs to ensure the CNAs are competent to perform their nursing duties in a safe and effective way. In addition, the board serves as a guide for CNA’s development and also they are responsible for establishing and maintaining the Nurse Aide Registry
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Health Regulation and Licensing Administration
Health Care Facilities Division
717 14th Street, NW Suite 2600
Washington, DC 20005
Phone #: 202-724-8800
Registry Managed by:
Pearson VUE/Nurse Aide Registry
3 Bala Plaza West
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3481
Phone #: (888) 274-6060
CNA Salary in District of Columbia
- Between $22,000 to $31,000
- $11.69 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
District of Columbia CNA Programs & Training Information
A CNA training program in the District of Columbia must be at least one hundred twenty (120) hours of training includes forty-five (45) hours of classroom instruction, thirty (30) hours of clinical laboratory practicums and forty-five (45) hours of clinical practicums. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Information in District of Columbia
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to District of Columbia from their home state, applicant must contact the District of Columbia Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. Completed CNA reciprocity application must be submitted together with the required documents and fees.
Renewal in District of Columbia
To renew CNA Certification in District of Columbia:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting District of Columbia Nurse Aide Registry or visiting Pearson VUE website.
(2) Complete the form and answer ALL questions.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) Allow two (2) weeks for processing your request. Once it is approve, the registry or Pearson VUE will send your new certificate and wallet card.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in District of Columbia:
(1) Contact District of Columbia Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If the registry provide form, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
District of Columbia Approved CNA Programs
Comprehensive Health Academy
1106 Bladensburg Road, NE
Washington, DC 20002-2512
Phone #: 202 – 388 – 5500
Fax #: 202 – 388 – 9588
Email address: email@example.com
- Cost is $1000
University of the District of Columbia
4200 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20008-1122
Phone #: (202) 274-5000
CNA Program Office: 202.274.6950
- Cost is $1032 includes textbook and state exam
- Consist of 120 hours of classroom and clinical training
J. C. Inc. American Institute of Professional Studies
6411 Chillum Place NW,
Washington, DC 20012
Phone #: 202-291-8787
Fax #: 202-291-3688
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost is $800
- Consist of 120 hours of classroom, laboratory and clinical instructions per semester
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!