The Alabama Department of Health approves CNA training programs throughout the state and maintains the registry list of CNAs that are legally allowed to work in long-term care facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certification
Alabama Certified Nurse Aide Registry
Alabama Department of Public Health
Division of Health Care Facilities
The RSA Tower, Suite 600
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
CNA Salary in Alabama
- Average of $21,000
- $10.00 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Alabama CNA Program & Training Information
Each program will differ from the next but all programs have to keep up with standards set by the State of Alabama. Alabama CNA training requirements includes 75 hours of training, classroom learning and hands-on learning.
Information in Alabama
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Alabama from their home state, applicant must contact the Alabama Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. You must meet the requirements of Alabama registry. Requirements are (1) you must have a work experience in a nursing home and (2) have an active certification with no substantiated findings. Once the State review and approve applicant’s application, the applicant will be included in AL Nurse Aide Registry.
Renewal in Alabama
To renew CNA Certification in Alabama:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Alabama Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) You must have an active CNA certification and able to perform 8 hours of nursing care duties or more every 24 months in a nursing home, hospital, home health agency and other medical facilities. If you meet the requirement, you are qualified for renewal.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Alabama:
(1) Obtain reinstate form by contacting Alabama Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) The following conditions must be met:
- Work is for monetary compensation.
- Work is as a nurse aide, performing direct patient care.
- Work is under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Total time worked equals eight (8) hours or more every 24 months in a nursing home, hospital, home health agency, hospice agency, or mental health facility.
(3) If you meet these requirements, completed form with required documentation, fees or if you change your name, provide copy of legal document verifying the name change must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) If your certification is expired for more than two years, you are require to re-take the CNA Examination.
Alabama Approved CNA Training Programs
- Five week Nurse Aide Training Program
- Tuition is $1,200 and includes:
* Five week intensive training
* Instruction by a qualified R.N.
* 2 uniforms, 1 lab coat, 1 pair of shoes
* Fee for CNA exam
* Background check, TB test, drug screen
Reid State Technical College
P.O. Box 588
Evergreen, Alabama 36401
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One semester only
- 16 hours of required training prior to direct contact with a resident is met
- Program Cost is $2515.12
- 2 semesters
- Consist of 25 credit hours
J.F. Drake State Technical College
3421 Meridian St. North
Hunstville, Alabama 35811
Lead Program Instructor: 256-551-3159
Program Secretary: 256-551-3156
Email address: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 Day program Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm
- Program cost is $446
While we here at NurseReach.com strive to have the most up to date and complete information available, there will be times when an email or link is no longer valid. Please notify us on the Contact page of any errors or discrepancies that you find and we will do our due diligence to make the necessary corrections or additions!